Attribute Viewer (internal services)
Change your password
Review your account
Change your configuration
Complete time sheets
Request travel authorization
Request WiFi guest accounts
Register networked device
Resolve email addresses
Services via SURFfederation
SURFconext permissions manager
eduroam Visitor Access (eVA)
SURF Mail Filter
Grid and email Certificates ('Nikhef')
Registrars and HR
Attempt global log out
Register guests for the wireless network at Nikhef
Nikhef offers wireless network access to residents of the institute, to
roaming academic users, and to temporary guests (for workshops and meetings).
These wireless networks have different names and capabilities:
- the global eduroam network: connect to the network
and authenticate with your home institute credentials
- for residents of the institute with devices not
capable of connecting with eduroam™. You get a
public IP address and access to Nikhef-internal services
- for temporary guests: connect to the captive portal
and give your wireless login and access password. You
will be connected to the guest network, giving you outbound
connectivity to the public internet (with a translated
IP address, but allowing your VPN connection through).
Your Nikhef host can give you your username and password
A new service: temporary eduroam!
With eduroam Visitor Access (eVA) you have the ability to give your
visitors temporary internet access through the eduroam network. This
access works anywhere where eduroam™ is available, so also at CWI,
the UvA, and in many places in downtown Amsterdam.
Nikhef employees can invite up to 10 eVA guests at any one time through
the eduroam Visitor Access
portal. This experimental service is offered by SURFnet.
- Help and Support for eVA
- All guests have to comply with the Nikhef Acceptable Use Policy
- Only guests and affiliates related to Nikhef for professional purposes may be invited through eVA
- The issued user name and password must be used exclusively by the guest and must not be shared. Lost your password? Inform your host immediately!
- Provide the mobile phone number of the guest to that the password is send via SMS - the email is sent to the guest only, and to read it you would need a network first. Use of SMS prevents this chicken-and-egg situation. The guests' phone number is not used for any other purpose.
- For conferences and large events, contact the helpdesk for more options
> Go to the eVA portal
Request a temporary wireless account
For those guests who cannot use eduroam, Nikhef employees can request
temporary accounts, e.g. for meetings and workshops, in the self-service
portal. The following conditions apply:
- the requestor is responsible for the use of the guest accounts
- only Nikhef employees can request guest accounts
- at most 20 accounts can be requested at one time
- each guest must have a distinct, personal account (no sharing)
- no more than one session per guest account
- for each guest, a name, working email address and a phone
contact for guest or host must be provided
- accounts are valid for at most 7 days
> Go to the self-service portal
Comments to Nikhef Computer Technology group.
Service host: belt.nikhef.nl